What do I do when I arrive?
- Please proceed to the conference registration desk upon arrival! The team at Inside Education will get you your conference materials and everything you’ll need for the conference to be a success!
- The registration desk will be open:
- Thursday, March 17 from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Friday, March 18 7:30 am – 9:00 am
- Vaccination records will be checked upon registration.
- We will be asking delegates to sign photo release forms, as well as liability waivers for our offsite activities and tours.
- For those attending on full scholarships, we’ll also have details on hotel check-in
What are your COVID-19 Protocols?
- Inside Education will require all participants in ForestEDWest to be fully vaccinated. Provincial or Federal proof of vaccination will be checked upon registration in the program. We will have the Alberta QR code reader on hand, but will also accept a vaccination certificate, vaccination wallet card, or a PDF or screenshot of your official vaccination record. Pre-conference testing will not be accepted as an alternative to proof of vaccination.
- For offsite tours, masks will be required on buses .
- If possible, please consider taking a rapid antigen test before traveling to Canmore.
Why are vaccines still a requirement to attend the conference?
- While we understand that the Government of Alberta no longer requires proof of vaccinations in public settings, Inside Education will continue this practice to honor the expectations of those that registered prior to the change in government policy.
What’s your refund policy?
- If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible. Please find our refund policy here.
What should I wear?
- Expected attire will be business casual for the conference. In keeping with the theme of the venue, you might consider western attire for the Brewster’s Mount View BBQ Saturday night. Please bring appropriate attire for outdoor field tours – winter boots, jacket, and a mask are a must!
How do I get there?
- Delegates are responsible for arranging their own travel to Canmore. The conference will be held at the Coast Canmore Hotel and Conference Centre, 511 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, AB T1W 1N7 (map link)
- If you are flying to the Calgary airport you can rent a car (www.yyc.com/en-us/navigatingyyc/groundtransportation/carrentals.aspx) or take a shuttle. (www.airportshuttleexpress.com/canmore/)
- Carpooling will not be coordinated by Inside Education.
Can my partner attend the conference?
- We recognize that some delegates may want to bring family members to join them for the weekend! It’s a great chance to enjoy the mountain air. However, meals will only be provided to delegates, and family members cannot participate in the conference program.
What’s happening Saturday night?
- We’ll be heading to Brewsters Mount View BBQ for some western hospitality and live music! Staggered bus transportation will be provided to and from the Coast Canmore Hotel. Personal vehicles are not permitted at Mount View BBQ (no exceptions), all attendees must be over 18 years old, and masks will be required on the bus.